Wapping Railway Wharf

(Home)

Wapping Wharf Sign

Cannons Marsh and Wapping from Hotwells c1875 R W
Cannons Marsh and Wapping Wharf c1875 – Reece Winston
Gas Ferry c1912
Wapping Railway Wharf 1912 with Gas Ferry in mid-river
Wapping Railway Wharf 1948
Wapping Railway Wharf 1948
southam-2
Seen from Corporation granary  in 1930s Railway Wharf, Fairbairn steam crane, Z shed with electric roof cranes. By Z Shed, Boston City, built for the Bristol City Line at Albion Dockyard, 1920. (In: Lord, J. Southam, J. 1983. p. 13).
Wapping Railway Wharf
Wapping Railway Wharf 2011
Wapping Railway Wharf 2011 s
The Fairburn Crane marks the end of Princes Wharf and the start of Wapping Railway Wharf

The Fairburn steam crane was built in 1878 by Stothert & Pitt to a design by Victorian engineer William Fairbairn, to lift heavy loads from the deep holds of ships more efficiently than other cranes of the day. It could lift up to 35 tons (35.56 tonnes) and was provided for the very heavy loads that passed through the port.

Wapping Railway Wharf 2018
Wapping Railway Wharf 2018

 

Advertisements